I work on projects about connectedness, loss, permeability of identity, and personal desires in a world full of mediated social programming. My interests lie in exploring the possibility of the knowledge of self and others by examining historical and current media as a social construct. My work considers how our interactions with new technologies constantly force us to re-think our current notions of what it means to be human.
Duke University, MFA in Experimental and Documentary Film, Candidate, 2012-2014.
- Artist-in-Residence, PhD Lab in Digital Knowledge @ FHI | HASTAC, Spring 2013.
- Teaching Assistant, Matters of Life and Death, David Gatten, Spring 2013.
- Graduate Assistant, Center for Documentary Studies Fall 2012-present.
- NCMA, College Advisory Council Member, 2013.
Middle Tennessee State University, B.S., Cum Laude. (Spring, 2012), EMC-Mass Communication, Photography; Minors, Film Studies, International Media Studies.
Lab Attendant, Photography Department Fall 2011-Spring 2012.
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Golden Key International Honour Society
Society for Photographic Education Member, 2011 to present.
- SPE Southwest Regional-Photographic Truths and Other Illusions, Santa Fe, NM, November 2011.
- SPE National-Science, Poetry and the Photographic Image, Atlanta, GA, March, 2011.
Publications and Exhibitions:
Abstraction, Group Exhibit, Online/Exhibition Catalogue, The Kiernan Gallery, Juror: Matthew Gamber, Lexington VA 2013
Archetype Drift, Filter Photo, Group Exhibit, , Juror: Jason Lazarus, Chicago, IL, May 2013
A Life, Still, Group Exhibit, North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, NC, 2012-2013
In Light: Work from Five Photographers, Group Exhibit, Todd Gallery, MTSU, Murfreesboro, TN, 2012
Collage Journal of Creative Expression, MTSU-Spring, 2012
iSpy Camera Phone Photography, Group Exhibit, Online and Exhibition Catalogue, The Kiernan Gallery, Lexington, VA, 2012
Wind of Change, Best Image, November, 2011; Group Exhibit, Chianciano Art Museum, Chianciano, Italy, 2013.
Collage Journal of Creative Expression, MTSU, University Honors College Publication, Fall 2011.
Feed Me, Group Exhibition, Lowercase Gallery, MTSU, Murfreesboro, TN, Fall, 2011.
Gurupa’: A Visual Record of Seven Decades of Struggle and Success in an Amazon Town,
Collaborative presentation/exhibition with Dr. Richard Pace:
- Todd Gallery, MTSU, Murfreesboro, TN, Summer, 2011.
- Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN,
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, Spring, 2011
Annual Photo Student Show, Baldwin Gallery, MTSU, Murfreesboro, TN, Spring-Summer 2011.
Juror: Tom Jiimison
Collage Journal of Creative Expression, MTSU, University Honors College Publication, Spring 2011